"SensaStep® has profoundly changed how physicians view amputation and its rehabilitation."
Lt. Gen. Paul K. Carlton, Jr., M.D., FACS
Director of Texas A&M Health Science Center, Office of Homeland Security
- When connected to the Transmitter module, the insole measures the load placed on each of two general areas corresponding to the heel and the ball of the foot.
- When the load reaches a preset threshold, which is adjustable from 5lb to 50lb (2kg to 23kg) the user will hear a tone corresponding to the area under load.
- The tones used for heel and toe are of different frequencies and are thus easily distinguishable.
- Transmitter and Receiver modules are powered by a rechargeable battery which provides a minimum of 24 hours of continuous use.
- The system automatically shuts off to conserve batteries after 30 minutes of inactivity.
- Each transmitter / receiver has a unique code to prevent interference from other units in the vicinity.
- When running InStep software, the therapists computer will display the changing pressure on each of the two areas of the foot in real time.
- Actual standing / weight bearing pressure is also displayed and an alarm setting can be adjusted to allow for controlled pressure as directed by the therapist.
- Threshold levels are displayed and can be adjusted at the keyboard.
- When a threshold is reached, a flag is placed on the screen and the real time between steps is displayed for gait analysis.
- This information can be saved in the patients file for later comparison