Introducing the Revolutionary Sensastep® System
For Use by Patients with:
- Orthopedic injury
- Impaired Proprioception
The Sensastep® System
The Sensastep® System is a self-contained footstep monitoring device which informs the patient by way of an extraneural pathway when a threshold of pressure is attained.
The Patented Sensastep® System consists of:
- A flexible foam insole, (material is ISO compliant for hospital use), which can be trimmed to fit the sole, and can be reversed for left or right applications.
- A small transmitter module, which can be strapped around the ankle.
- A lightweight receiver module, which is worn behind the ear.
- A separate transmitter/receiver module with computer USB connection, for use by a therapist/clinician, which graphically displays the user’s gait pattern using InStep software.
- Transmitter and receiver modules are powered by a rechargeable battery, which provides a minimum of 24 hours of continuous use
- Automatic shutoff after 30 minutes of inactivity
- Provides a possible alternative to amputation for patients with tibial nerve damage and resulting insensate lower limb
- Is easily incorporated into existing prosthetics
- Can be used in gait and exercise therapy for diabetic neuropathy, certain balance disorders and orthopedic post-operative use.
USPTO Patent Nos. : 7191644, 7526954
WIPO Publication No. : WO/2008/083402